What we do
NATURAL RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
Aims & Objectives
- To develop a rural community based organisation having a common sense approach to Government in developing sustainable land management systems that limits land degradation and enhance land viability.
- Protection, management, enhancement and building of a healthier, diverse and sustainable environment
- To encourage the protection, management and enhancement of waterways and wetlands, preventing further degradation of vegetation and water quality.
- Protection, management, enhancement and establishment of native pastures, including all grazed native trees, shrubs, sub shrubs, forbes and grasses.
- To create an awareness of the economic benefits of the sustainable use of native pastures.
- To address the problems of rising water tables and salinity using all types of native vegetation both grazing and non grazing systems.
- To identify needs, and to source funding to assist in the implementation of the aims and objectives.
- The aims and objectives of the group must be implemented in a farmer friendly manner that will produce best outcomes for the whole community.